As an affiliate marketer, having your own affiliate website is a great way to build trust with your audience and make a very good income from your business. Building an affiliate website isn’t hard nowadays and the reward can be very profitable if you’re willing to put in the work. So, what is an affiliate marketing website?
To put it simply – “An affiliate marketing website is a place or platform where you promote products or services related to your niche”.
Read on, to better understand your question. Plus, how to create and make money with affiliate marketing websites.
With that being said, let’s dive in!
Table of Contents
What Is An Affiliate Marketing Website
An affiliate marketing website is a platform that is basically used by businesses or an individual to market or sell products or services online.
It is a platform that allows you to produce content to educate your audience, review a particular product and increase your brand awareness.
This is the best place for affiliate marketers where you tell people or your audience why they should buy your product.
How Does Affiliate Marketing Website Work
Well, how an affiliate marketing website work is simple.
An affiliate website creates relevant, helpful, and high-quality content for its readers or audience and tries to answer their questions through written content or text.
And overtime, as the website starts to generate traffic.
The site owner places affiliate links within the content for relevant topics.
Which he thinks may further help, solve or answer his readers’ or audience’s problem or question.
And this way…
When the readers click on that affiliate link and purchase the product he gets compensated by the product owner.
Let Me Break It Down For You How Affiliate Marketing Website Works:
- You research and figure out what phrases or terms people are searching online that are related to your niche
- You create useful and unique content around those phrases
- You start getting traffic or view on the content
- You place affiliate links within the content
- People click on your affiliate link and purchase the product
- You get paid a commission
NB: The goal of using an affiliate marketing website is to promote affiliate products and increase sales.
What Is The Need For Affiliate Marketing Website
As an affiliate marketer, it will be nice to have your own website.
There are many benefits you can get from having your own website for promoting your affiliate product or services.
Below Are A Few Benefits Of Starting An Affiliate Website:
- If you have a website, it makes it easier for you to send traffic to your affiliate product and generally makes things straightforward.
- It helps you create content and grow as a brand and make 100% passive income
- You can monetize your affiliate website with both Google ads and affiliate offers and increase your income.
- A website is extremely important because it helps you build trust, expertise, and credibility in the eye of your audience.
- It helps you build an online presence and reach a large number of audiences
- It offers a flexible approach where you can promote your own product and generate new sales.
- Having your own affiliate website helps lower the amount of money you’ll waste on advertisements and end up not actually getting the return on your investment.
What Make A Good Affiliate Marketing Website
In affiliate marketing having a website is very important. While, you don’t need to invest millions of dollars into building a website, but, it should at least look clean, professional, easy to navigate, and contain relevant and helpful content.
A Good Affiliate Website Should Have The Following Qualities:
- It should have an engaging sales letter to attract or persuade visitors or readers to buy products or services
- A good product or service to promote
- Professional, good-looking, and attractive website design
- Good tracking system
- Good affiliate marketing strategies
- The website should load faster for visitors
- Have good, unique, informative, and buyer intent articles
- Tell readers why they need the product presented on the website (highlight the benefits of the product and help your visitors to make buying decision)
- Show testimonials from your previous customers
- Tell visitors what the website is about at the first (headlines)
- Have a unique and engaging ‘about me page’
How Is An Affiliate Marketing Website Different From Normal Website
An affiliate marketing website and a normal website might look similar but there are vast differences between them.
- Affiliate marketing website:
An affiliate website is created purposely for promoting several different affiliate offers created by another individual.
With an affiliate website, visitors don’t have to go through a shopping cart when they want to purchase a product.
The visitor is directly sent to the product or brand’s website.
And in return for that, the affiliate will earn a commission for every purchase that the visitor makes.
Affiliate websites are often updated with new content on a regular basis.
- Normal Website:
With a normal website, you set up a business to sell your own product or services to customers using an online shop.
Normal websites are not often updated with new information.
NB: Though both affiliate sites and eCommerce sites look very similar to the eye, they’re very different.
Can You Make Good Money With Affiliate Marketing Website
Of course, you can!
Affiliate marketing is a very broad industry and is more rapidly growing than any industry, you can definitely make a significant income promoting affiliate products or services.
But to make the most money from your affiliate website.
You need to make sure you’re promoting products or services that are in high demand.
And are of high–quality and relevant to your website niche.
The niche you go after and your traffic source and how you convert traffic plays a big role in whether you’ll make GOOD MONEY from your affiliate site.
So, choose your niche wisely, don’t go after a niche just for the purpose of making money.
Pick something you’re interested in or are passionate about.
Here Are Some Quick Tips To Make Good Income From Your Affiliate Website:
- Target long-tail keywords and drive traffic to your site through search engine optimization SEO
- Focus on delivering value to your readers or visitors first
- Build an email list of visitors to your site
- Build trust and relationship with your list by adding additional value to their lives
- Guide your list to the decision that best suit their needs
- Recommend your affiliate offers to them
NB: If you focus on helping your audience first by delivering useful content and you have a good marketing strategy, you’ll make good money from your website.
How Much Does It Cost To Start An Affiliate Marketing Website
Well, starting your own affiliate website does cost a little bit of money but it’s not going to break your bank account.
To build an affiliate site, there are two major things you need: A domain name and a web host.
A domain name is simply the name of your affiliate site. A domain name can cost you anywhere from $1 to $15 per month depending on your domain registrar.
As your domain name is ready, you need to buy a web host on which you’re going to set up your site on.
A web host is simply a server that hosts your site across the internet and makes it visible when people search for it online.
All your content and pictures and videos are stored on your host.
A good web host can cost anywhere from $4.95 to $50 or more.
- P.S: I have another post where I break down the exact cost of starting a real affiliate marketing website or blog. Check it out.
How Much Can You Earn With Affiliate Marketing Website
Well, if you’re in a profitable affiliate marketing niche and have a high in demand product and the right audience and those audiences are from high buyer intent searches such as Google, then you can be earning thousands of dollars per day.
More important if those audiences are from some of the reputable countries like the USA, Canada, Australia, and the UK.
Generally how much you earn from a website is endless.
How To Create, Build Or Start An Affiliate Marketing Website
In this section, I’m going to walk you through the steps that are required to create an affiliate website that generates sales.
- Step #1: Decide On A Niche. The first step is to select a niche, a niche is simply a topic your website is going to be about. This step has nothing to do with a domain name or web hosting. Make sure the niche you decide to go after is something you’re interested in or are passionate about. Very important for your success.
- Step #2: Pick Domain Name. As you have decided on your niche, it’s time to also decide on a name that your website will be called. A domain is a way that people are going to find you on the web, eg, it’s just like a house address which people will use to find your location.
- Step #3: Purchase A Web Host. A web host is a server that makes your site active and lives on the internet and stores all your data.
- Step #4: Pick A Website Page Builder: The best and most popular site page builder is WordPress. Almost every big brand you can think of around the world all have their sites built on a website. More than 50% of websites in the entire internet world are run on WordPress.
- Step #5: Pick A Theme: A theme is simply the design of your website.
- Step #6: Come Up With A Content Strategy That Will Deliver Affiliate Sale: Now, as your site is up and running, you need to fill the site with valuable content that will attract visitors to your website and eventually turn them into customers and sales. Figure out what people are searching for online and provide a solution to that.
P.S: I have another post where I go more into detail on how to start a successful affiliate marketing blog or website. Check it out.
What are the best domain and web host providers?
Well, there is a handful of them out there. My recommendation is Bluehost.
Well, In the web host industry Bluehost is recognized as one of the best, Bluehost has been in business for more than 20 years.
Most of the big sites out there are hosted on Bluehost. It hosts over millions of websites.
Its price is very cheap and affordable.
With just a click of a button, you can get your site up and running.
(I’m an affiliate of Bluehost, meaning if you go through my link I’ll receive a small commission which is no additional cost to you) Thanks for support!
NB: I highly recommend you do your research anyway.
How To Create Content For Affiliate Marketing Website
Well, first and foremost, I think the best way to create content for your affiliate website is to be in a niche that you’re interested in, passionate about, and at least have a little bit of knowledge about.
This way, it’ll make it easy for you to generate content for your site without any hassle or feeling it a punishment.
You shouldn’t create any kind of content just for the sake of creating content.
Create content for the purpose of solving a specific problem that the marketplace or your readers are facing or are having challenges with.
How To Get Traffic To Your Affiliate Website
To drive quality and relevant traffic to your affiliate website or blog, you need to focus on creating quality content that will help solve your audience problem.
If you can fill your site with quality content, overtime you’ll probably drive quality traffic to your website.
The thing is…
You can have one of the nicest and most professional websites on the internet.
However, without quality content, that site is useless.
Online content is kind and it’s more important than having an eye-catching website.
I highly recommend you focus on content first.
There are two options to get traffic to your affiliate website: Free traffic and paid traffic.
If your website SEO is okay then it will rank organically (that means free traffic).
You can also use social media platforms to drive traffic to your blog posts, for beginners. Pinterest and YouTube should be enough.
What Actually Is Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate marketing is a process of promoting other people’s or companies‘ products or services in exchange for a commission.
The main goal of affiliate marketing is to generate a sale.
Affiliates (you) find a product they like or have used before, they promote it to their audience, and if the audience clicks and buys the product through them.
They earn a piece of commission for each sale that they generate for the merchant.
This is a win-win situation!
- P.S: I have another post where I share with you more in detail what affiliate marketing actually is and how it works.
How Do I Do Affiliate Marketing Through A Website
Well, there are many ways you can go about that, I think one of the best ways is to take a content approach. Try offering your visitors helpful content and within the content, you can place your affiliate link in it, it works best that way.
Before you start selling or marketing your affiliate product through a website, you must first decide on a niche.
As your niche is ready, you’ll need to pick an affiliate product that is high in demand (has a powerful pain point).
And now, as your affiliate offer is ready.
Like I said…
You need to start producing helpful articles on your site which are related to your niche and your affiliate product.
And within the article, you can place your affiliate to the part of the article that makes sense.
- NB: Don’t spam your visitors with your affiliate links, make it natural.
But, why helpful articles?
Well, offering helpful information on your website is a great way to attract more visitors and potential customers or buyers to your website.
Your visitors are more likely to trust you and will be willing to support you if you’re just trying to help them.
Don’t try to make money from them all the time.
Can I Do Affiliate Marketing On Newly Make Website
Yes, you can but the only thing is that with a new website it’s going to take a good number of months or even years before you’ll start getting traffic and sales.
Traffic in affiliate marketing is very essential, without it you won’t make any sales.
And it takes a very long time for Google to start sending that traffic to your site.
Well, the thing is, Google would first have to trust your site before sending any initial traffic to it.
And that can take about 6 to 12 months or even more depending on the niche you’re in.
But if you have done a good job with SEO then that period can be a little bit shorter.
But generally, it takes time.
I would recommend you try focusing on other traffic sources like social media marketing.
Create a social media account for your affiliate website and share your posts there.
Taking this approach you’ll begin to get some earlier traffic flowing into your website.
That way, you can start monetizing those traffic with your affiliate links.
Can One Website Be Used For Different Affiliate Marketing
Well, in my opinion, I think it kinda depends on what you want. If the product is relevant to your niche and will help solve your readers’ problems or pain, then it is absolutely normal.
According to Kinga Edwards, a user on Quora:
- If you want to promote various products that belong to one brand, I can’t see that much of a collision. They are under that “brand umbrella” and they may be more or less related to each other, so if anything, you may actually increase the shopping cart value!
- If you want to promote various products from various brands yet still from the same category, you need to be careful, especially about the conflict of interest with your vendors. Take into consideration your commission fee, terms, and conditions of your collaboration as well as possible ROI.
- If you want to promote various products, from various brands, and various industries, I’d probably discourage you from doing that cause it may be nothing but a pure marketplace. Focusing on too many things is like aspiring to be the jack of all trades.
Can I Do Affiliate Marketing Without A Website Or Blog
You don’t always need a website or blog to promote affiliate products or services.
If you’re just starting out in affiliate marketing and have no website or blog you can use social media handles to market or promote your affiliate offers.
If you have the fund, you can use paid marketing options like:
- Facebook Ads
- YouTube Ads
- Google Ads
- Pinterest Ads, etc
To promote your affiliate opportunities.
But I don’t recommend paid ads as you’re just starting out unless you have very good knowledge about it.
IMPORTANT: As a beginning affiliate, it’s perfectly okay and normal to do affiliate marketing without a website or a blog but if you want to take things seriously then I’ll highly recommend you have a website.
By the way…
- P.S: I have another post where I go into detail about how to do affiliate marketing without a website or a blog. Check it out!
What Are The Disadvantages Of Doing Affiliate Marketing Without A Website
There are a few downsides to promoting an affiliate marketing product without a website.
One of these is that:
- The first one is that you won’t’ be able to build an online presence and you’ll have less credibility in the eye of your audience
- You don’t have ‘HUB’ to promote your product or services
- You won’t miss out on potential traffic from people who are searching the web for content or product related to your niche
- You can easily be banned from online communities
- It will be hard to build trust and relationships with your audience. Online no trust – no money
- It will be hard to build your personal brand and increase awareness
- You don’t own your audience and you can lose them anytime
NB: You can do affiliate marketing without a website, but when you put all your focus and effort on social media platforms and ignore your website or blog, you’re losing another of generating traffic which can allow you to build more following and attract more potential customers to your affiliate offer.
That’s It, Folks! On What Is An Affiliate Marketing Website.
An affiliate marketing website or blog is simply where you market or promote products or services created by another individual or (company).
And add links to those products or services within the content.
And when your readers or visitors click on those links and purchase the product or services in your content, you get paid money which is termed as commission.